This section of Ignite Award encourages you to follow your own interests with a non- physical hobby or hobbies. Have a go at an activity that interests you and provides you with the opportunity to build on skills or develop new ones. Your goal should show your aim to improve your ability in this activity.
We hope that you choose an activity outside of one you normally do during your school day. You can choose an activity which you can do by yourself such as sewing, or with others such as chess. The activity should involve some challenge and result in you gaining new skills and knowledge.
- You need to show regular commitment, and that you complete the majority of the hours in your own time.
- Your Ignite Leader can help you when choosing an activity, however, make sure you choose an activity that you are interested in and that you can devote your time to.
- The activity needs to be non-physical, so that means your Hobby can’t be a sport, dancing, martial arts or similar.
- You need to receive some mentoring from an experienced adult. This person would be the appropriate Guide for your activity.
- Your goal must be discussed with your Guide and then written in your Record Book at the start of the activity.
- You can’t get paid for any of your activities (coaching or umpiring etc.)
Examples (a starting point)
Art/Craft, Astronomy, Chess, Coaching, Computing, Cooking, Dance choreography, Electronics, Fishing, Gardening, Jewellery making, Learning a language, Model construction, Photography, Woodwork
June 8, 2021Employment Opportunity – Program Officer: Ignite Youth Award
February 24, 2021Welcoming our City of Bayswater Ignite Schools
February 16, 2021Introducing our Project Officer