Ignite Leaders are the main contact for the Award Agent, and are responsible for running the Award within their organisation.
The Ignite Leader’s role is to engage young people in the Award, encourage, inspire and guide them.
- Overseeing the registration process for each Participant from their organisation
- Assisting in selection of Ignite Guides
- Helping identify activities and goals
- Answering questions and liaising with Awards WA
- Providing information to colleagues, Participants, parents/guardians and Ignite Guides
- Adhering to risk management policies and legislation
- Reviewing participant record books for assessment and approval
In additional to support and training from Awards WA, there are a number of resources that can help you run a strong Ignite Award— including templates, activity ideas and service providers/partners. Your main resource will be the Ignite Award Reference Book.
Ignite Leaders must hold, as well as ensuring all adults working with a participant, a current Working with Children Check. For more information visit www.checkwwc.wa.gov.au/checkwwc.
A further requirement is for all adults working with participants to complete the Ignite Award Volunteer Code of Conduct. This includes: Ignite Leaders, Ignite Guides/Instructors and mentors.
June 8, 2021Employment Opportunity – Program Officer: Ignite Youth Award
February 24, 2021Welcoming our City of Bayswater Ignite Schools
February 16, 2021Introducing our Project Officer