Award Agents are organisations authorised by Awards WA to offer Ignite Award to its young people.
Award Agents can be:
- Community Organisations
- Sporting or Social Clubs
Delivering Ignite Award brings many personal and professional benefits:
- The opportunity to help develop young people and support them on their exciting journey of discovery – helping them find their glow!
- Supporting and supplementing your organisation’s aims and principles
- Being an Award Agent means that you are forming a partnership with other organisations in WA in pursuit of youth development
There are a few simple steps to follow in order to become an Award Agent and set up a strong program:
It is recommended speaking with the Award Program Team (08 9324 2673) or email to discuss needs, and how Ignite Award can work within specific settings and map to required outcomes.
Register the organisation with Awards WA by completing the necessary paperwork found at Resources. Once registration is completed, an invoice will be issued for payment of the Annual Award Agent Registration Fee: $275 for single Award Agent and $100 for each additional site. This fee covers items including:
- Administration costs
- Materials and resources
- Initial training and further required training
- Ongoing enquiry support
- A visit from the Program Team to your organisation
- Any other support your organisation may require to run the program
- Insurance coverage (limited)*
Awards WA requires Award Agents to have insurance cover for all Participants and Volunteers. This includes both personal accident and public liability insurance. In addition, Awards WA maintains a further insurance policy for Participants and Volunteers that acts as an umbrella cover.
Certificates of Currency and insurance schedules outlining coverage, geographical limits and limitations on liability are available at Resources. It is important to regularly review the insurance certificates and schedules as they are updated annually. Participants, their families and volunteers need to refer to their Award Agent for their insurance details.
For any incident or accident, an Incident Report Form is required to be completed in conjunction with the Participants and Volunteers and a copy forwarded to Awards WA as soon as possible.
June 8, 2021Employment Opportunity – Program Officer: Ignite Youth Award
February 24, 2021Welcoming our City of Bayswater Ignite Schools
February 16, 2021Introducing our Project Officer